Attached below is the link to open and download scholarship application and requirements.
There will be 2 scholarship categories, please review in criteria:
Scholarship Awards – (2) $1000.00
2019 Scholarship Application Criteria
Applicant must meet criteria for one or two categories to be considered for scholarship:
- A student enrolled in an accredited nursing program (LPN or RN diploma) for the current year
- A student with an active nursing license (LPN or RN) enrolled into a degree program continuing their education for RN, BSN or Master’s degree for the current year
- Cumulative GPA ≥ 3.0
- Two letters of recommendation (Academic, Employer, Professional Nursing Organization). The letters must be on a professional letterhead, dated and signed by writer within one month of application due date.
- Submit an official academic transcript from an accredited School of Nursing or acceptance letter Fall 2019 (All official transcripts must be sent directly to Columbia Area Black Nurses Association, PO BOX 23782, Columbia, SC 29224)
- Submit a typed, two-page double-spaced essay about your personal and professional goals. Applicant must describe why he/she deserves the scholarship and how being a part of the National Association of Black Nurses can positively impact the health or lifestyle/environmental conditions for members of the minority or other underserved communities.
- Finalist must complete a face-to-face interview with the scholarship committee. Telephone interviews will not be conducted
- Selected scholarship awardees must attend the Annual Scholarship Benefit, Friday, November 8, 2019, further details will be mailed to all finalist. If finalist not present during award presentation, scholarship will be forfeited.
- Submitting an incomplete application will render the application ineligible.
- Keep a copy of the entire application packet for your file. Completed applications become the property of CABNA. Send the complete packet of information to:
Columbia Area Black Nurses Association
PO BOX 23782
Columbia, SC 29224
Ensure that the application is postmarked by October 1, 2019.
Hand delivered, or late applications will not be accepted
Application Link Below: